Friday, April 8, 2011

A is for Anonymous

Blogging has been a challenge for me, so I'm following other great authors in the blogging A-Z challenge to get me started. 

A is for Anonymous.  Before I started writing, the world of books was a place for me to escape into. I love to be taken away into other peoples lives where I can be a fly on the wall and watch characters work through problems and find love.

Since taking up the pen, I've found that the author community is not anonymous. I've met so many wonderful people who are for lifting up each other and it truly warms my soul.  I've met authors who have now become part of my daily life and have become great friends. The romance community feels like a sisterhood where great exchanges of ideas and resources lifts us up. How amazing is that?

After I finished my first manuscript and began submitting it to agents and editors, I realized that I am truly no longer anonymous. My name has been attached to the written word. I've created a part of me for others to see. I am no longer anonymous. I'm still in a state of wonder because of it.

~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. You are not annymomous to me. You are a wonderful writer and a great CP. Glad to see that you have finally taken to blogging and it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete