Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cheerios

I didn't know how important Cheerios were until I became a Mom. When I learned that carrying around a container of Cheerios could instantly entertain and satisfy the hungers of a toddler on the verge of crossing over into hell-child, I never left the house without this golden elixer of choice.

Well, my toddler has grown past the Cheerios phase, but the Cheerios equivalent has grown in scope and price to my Smartphone. Oh, and now, it's me, instead of my dear daughter, who has need. This 3 x 3 mass of technical knowhow and speed has been a lifesaver over the last several years, yes, replacing the yellow plastic container, with red lid, engraved with Cheerios around the middle.

A map with navigation? Check.
Traffic delays? Check.
Texting? Check.
Internet? Check.
Calendar? You bet you're where am I? Check.
Twitter? Tweet yes, Check.
Facebook? Friend me how do I know you again? Check.
Google? Google me bad. Check.
Games? Jackpot. Check.
Editing my novel on the go? Now we're talking. Check.

What can't this thing do for me? I now have a whole new addiction. I can't be away from my phone. It connects me to the hive out there in the cloud. The sea of nameless places and faces who are reaching out, trying to connect with someone else as well. I must now be in constant communication with someone, I don't know who, but they're out there. Waiting for me to respond, just as I'm as eager for them to enlighten me with their wisdom.

I've found my adult Cheerios. Except this label says Droid. I can disconnect when I'm sleeping.

~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Just don't forget the world outside your little gadget! ;)

    ReplyDelete